Stock Market Trade Timings in India: There are two leading stock exchanges in India- Bombay stock exchange (BSE) and National stock exchange (NSE). Nonetheless, the timing of each BSE & NSE is similar.
To start with, you’ll want to know that the stock market in India is closed on weekends, i.e. Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, it is closed on the nation-wide holidays. You’ll find the record of the vacations of the stock exchange right here: NSE India
- The conventional buying and selling time for the equity market is between 9:15 AM to 03:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- The buying and selling time for commodity (MCX) market is between 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- The conventional buying and selling time for Agri-community (NCDEX) market is between 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
(But Be aware: Revision in MCX commerce timings – Because of the COVID-19 virus outbreak and nation-wide lockdown, MCX has revised its buying and selling hours. MCX will open at 9:00 AM and shut at 5:00 PM from March 30, 2020, to Further Notice.
The timings of the Indian stock market are divided into three periods:
- Regular session (additionally referred to as steady session)
- Pre-opening session
- Post-closing session
Now, allow us to talk about all these periods to additional perceive their significance within the inventory market timings in India.
Additionally learn: Top 15 stock trading books?
Stock Market Trade Timings in India.
NORMAL TRADING SESSION:
- That is the precise time when a lot of the buying and selling takes place.
- Its duration is between 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM.
- You can purchase and sell shares in this session.
- The conventional buying and selling session follows bilateral matching session, i.e. each time buying value is equal to the selling value, the transaction is full. Right here, transactions are as per value and time priority.
The length of the Pre-opening session is between 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM. That is additional divided into three sub-sessions.
- 9:00 AM to 9:08 AM:
- That is the order entry session.
- You’ll be able to place an order to purchase and sell shares in this duration.
- One can even modify or cancel orders throughout this period.
- 9:08 AM to 9:12 AM:
- This session is used for order matching and for calculating the initial value of the regular session.
- You can’t modify or cancel purchase/sell order throughout this time.
- 9:12 AM to 9:15 AM:
- This session is used as a buffer interval.
- It’s used for the graceful translation of pre-opening session to the regular session.
The initial value of the regular session is calculated using multilateral order matching system. Earlier, the bilateral matching system was used, which precipitated plenty of volatility when the market opened. Later, this was modified to multilateral order matching system to cut back the volatility out there.
Nonetheless, most individuals don’t use the pre-opening session and solely use the regular session for buying and selling. That’s why there’s nonetheless significant volatility even within the regular session after the pre-opening session.
The time between 3:30 PM to 3:40 PM is used for closing value calculation.
- The closing value of a stock is the weighted common of the costs between 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
- For the indexes like Sensex & nifty, its closing value is the weighted common of the constituent shares for the final 30 minutes, i.e. Between 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
- The length of the Post-closing session is between 3:40 PM to 4:00 PM.
- You’ll be able to place orders to purchase or sell shares within the post-closing session on the closing value. If consumers/sellers can be found, then your commerce will likely be confirmed on the closing value.
NOTE: Pre-opening session and the Publish-closing session is just for the money market. There are not any such sessions for future & options.
Overall, the stock market timings in India can be briefed as:
|9:00 AM to 9:15 AM||Pre-Opening Session|
|9:15 AM to 3:30 PM||Normal Trading Session|
|3:30 PM to 3:40 PM||Closing Price Calculation|
|3:40 PM to 4:00 PM||Post-Closing Session|
(Pic credit: BSE India)
As well as, in case you are unable to commerce between this time durations, you may place an AMO (Aftermarket order). There isn’t a precise buying and selling right here; however, you may place your purchase or sell order.
Tip – By the best way, in case you are new to investing and wish to learn to begin investing within the Indian stock market, try this.
If you enter the share market, you’ll have to open your Demat account to start out investing/buying and selling. I like to recommend opening an account with Zerodha, No 1 stockbroker in India as a result of it has excellent and easy to entry interface for the learners.
One thought on “Stock Market Trade Timings in India”
I’m extremely inspired with your writing talents as well as with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to look a nice blog like this one these days.